Specially-appointed Assistant Professor, Professional development Consortium for Computational Materials Scientists (PCoMS)
Number to be admitted
|1 Specially-appointed Assistant Professor
Tohoku University promote gender equality. Please check Website.
Institute for Materials Research (IMR), Tohoku University
-Potential institutes for cross appointments/long term visits:
1. Institute for Solid State Physics, University of Tokyo
2. Institute for Molecular Science
3. Institute for Nano Science Design, Osaka University
|Research field and Desired researcher||
Computational Materials Science
(A research by means of high-performance computing technology for creating new field of computational science based on materials science, condensed matter physics, molecular science and materials design.)
(1) Applicants should hold a Ph. D that was acquired after April 1, 2005 (*1), and should be under 40 years old as of April 1, 2015 (*２).
(2) Research and education capabilities about the target research fields.
(3) English proficiency in oral and written communications, and capabilities of the education in English.
(4)Starting immediately after the appointment, no later than March 31, 2016.
(*1) Even if an applicant had intervals as maternity leave and/or child-care leave, and the term from receiving a Ph. D degree is less than 10 years excluding the intervals, she/he can apply to the position.
(*2) Due to eligibility requirements for subsidies from MEXT's 2015 consortium development project for the training of scientific and technical personnel.
January 1, 2016
Starting immediately after the appointment, no later than March 31, 2016.
|Employment status||January 1, 2016 – March 31, 2020 (Full-Time: Nontenured)|
- Maximum annual salary does not exceed 6 million JPY and the details will be determined in accordance with Salary Regulations of IMR, Tohoku University.
- Annual research fund amounting to 4 million JPY will be granted for the first two academic years.
- Supporting research staff (postdoctoral fellow) can be hired.
- No less than 70% of work effort will be dedicated to research.
- Various training programs to participate is available.
|Application deadline||The application materials must be arrived by Oct. 15 (Th.), 2015 at 17:00 (Japan time).|
(1) Curriculum Vitae with photo
(2) Summary of research activities (within 2pages/A4)
(3) Research proposal (within 2pages/A4)
(4) Publication and presentation lists
(Original papers, proceedings of international conference, books and articles, invited lectures, etc. Three representative papers must be indicated with circles in the publication list.)
(5)Two copies of each three representative papers
(6) Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of two references
(7) Certificate of Ph.D degree
|Where to apply||
Send the application materials by registered mail to
Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University
2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577, Japan
- Please write "Application for PCoMS" in red on the envelope.
-The application materials will be used only for the selection and not be returned.
A selection committee at Institute for Materials Research and an expert committee at Professional development Consortium for Computational Materials Scientists (PCoMS) will examine application documents and conduct interviews.
Note: Expenses needed to apply for this project shall be borne by applicants in principle.
Results of the selection will be notified to all applicants by e-mail.
Specially-appointed Associate Professor
E-mail：at terada_at_imr.tohoku.ac.jp (change _at_ to @)