Assistant Professor, Irradiation Effects in Nuclear and Their Related Materials (deadline; 8/31)
Assistant Professor (1 person)
（Tohoku University promote gender equality. Please check Website. URL: http://www.bureau.tohoku.ac.jp/danjyo/ )
Irradiation Effects in Nuclear and Their Related Materials, Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University.
|Research Field and Required Talent||
Experimental studies on radiation damage in nuclear materials such as light water, generation IV and fusion reactors, using novel microstructural techniques such as atom probe tomography, (scanning) transmission electron microscopy, and positron annihilation spectroscopy etc. The research group is located in the International Research Center on Nuclear Materials Science (the Oarai Center) in Ibaraki prefecture.
Applicant has to hold the Ph.D degree, or must be expected to receive the Ph.D degree until the employment.
|Start of Appointment||
At the earliest possible after July 1, 2020
|Term of Appointment||
Full-time Non‐tenured 7 years (possibility of extension up to 3 years with evaluation)
|Compensation||Compensation pursuant to regulation of Tohoku University|
Must arrive by August 31st, 2020
(1) Curriculum Vitae with photo
(2) A list of scientific achievements. Please classify the list into, refereed journal publications, books, proceedings, invited presentations in conferences, acquired founding, citation report/record (or Publons ID/ORCID ID)and other outcomes.
(3) Copies of 5 representative papers
(4) Summary of research achievements (up to 2 pages)
(5) Research plan at this position (up to 2 pages)
(6) 1 or 2 letters of recommendation by academic referee
|Address of Submission||
Professor Yasuyoshi Nagai
International Research Center for Nuclear Materials Science, Institute for Material Research, Tohoku University
2145-2 Narita, Oarai, Ibaraki 311-1313, Japan
*The materials should be sent by the registered postal mail.
Prof. Yasuyoshi Nagai
TEL: +81-29-267-3181E-mail： nagai_at_imr.tohoku.ac.jp (change_at_to @)